The CEC is currently working on the following:
- Mentoring youth and helping with their unmet needs in collaboration with the following non-profit groups:
Outreach Inc- Teddy Gatlin
Standing in the Gap- Shannon Fortinberry
- Unity in the Community: Finding more effective ways to communicate information between the school and community,
resulting in better feedback that helps identify and address challenges.
- Building a butterfly science garden at the Holmes Waterpark
- Read Across America
- Providing lunch for teachers during Professional Development Classes
- Addressing high teen pregnancy rates
- Forming an I Care task force to address increasing incidents of gang violence by engaging with 4th-6th graders, meeting them at their needs, so they are less likely to join a gang.
- Voter registration for eligible youth